We went to Mesquit

e & Las Vegas the first of May for our annual golf trip. We go with my mom & step dad and they are kind enough
to let us stay in there condo. This is usually the one time of year that just Shawn and I get to go on vacation. Don't get me wrong, I love taking my kids on vacation but someti
mes it is just fun for the two of us to get away and let our hair down. I so thoroughly enjoy going to Mesquite with my mom, we just have a large time hanging out on the veranda or playing in the casino. These are my mom & Ted's very good friends, DK & Lou and they met is in Las Vegas, they are so much fun and we love hanging out with them. This year, like the last couple of years, we went to Las Vegas and hung out on the strip in the warm weather. We went to Margaritaville, that is an absolute riot. We sat on the balcony at the top in the sunshine , drink cocktails and watch the people. Shawn wanted to see the Sirens of Ti at the Treasure Island but there was too much wind so it ended up being cancelled. The only thing I want to see when I go down there is the Fountains at The Bellagio. It is an so pretty and I could sit and watch them for hours. My mom & I like the song by Andrea Bocelli called Time to Say Goodbye. We tried to go see the Masquerade in the Sky at Th

e Rio but it was closed for remodeling, that is a show to see if you have never seen it. There are floats that are on a track coming out of the ceiling that circle the casino floor. There are dancers and they throw beaded necklaces like you would get at Mardi Gra. You can actually pay to ride in the floats and that is quite fun as well, we were able to do that a couple of years ago. They have fun golfing (Shawn, Mom, my step dad Ted & Shawn's buddy Trent) and I get to hang out on the veranda and read a book. It is so relaxing. Shawn keeps telling me I am going to get into golf so that I can golf with them next year. I did get a set of clubs recently so we will see what happens but that is a whole nother post...... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment