Monday, February 18, 2013

I'm back

Holy cow where has the time gone. My last post was 4 years ago and what can I say about it, how do you catch up after all that time so in a nut shell... Cade & Taylar are growing like weeds.... Cade turned 14 in December and Taylar turned 12 a week ago. Cade is doing fabulous from his back surgery, hard to believe that was 6 years ago. He rides his bike and plays golf. He has even started BMX racing. We did have a scare about 18 months ago - Cade had a perforated appendix and a bowel obstruction so he spent 10 days in the hospital over a 3 week period but he is fabulous. I love to hear his laugh. His strength and courage is amazing for the experiences he has had to endure in his short life. We are saying our thank yous and asking that the powers that be please leave him alone. Taylar is taylar... sassy, spunky and so her father's daughter. She is so much like Shawn it is scary and will tell you exactly what she thinks. She is the dancer of the family... Constantly dancing and singing. She takes dance class from Electric Youth and her teacher Michelle is amazing... She is an artist as well, loves drawing and making things. I'm not sure where she got that from, definitely not my side of the family. She is turning into such a beautiful young lady. As for Shawn & I... I think I love the man more now than I did when we were first married. We will celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary this year and I can't imagine my life without him. I know we have our moments when we piss each other off but I wouldn't trade him for anything. I got on a health kick 3 years ago. Decided I needed to start taking better care of myself and lose some weight. I knew my weight was up there, never lost the baby weight after Taylar was born but I never realized just how much I weighed. That being said I am proud to say I did accomplish weight loss, dropping 60 pounds. I am quite proud of myself but do feel like I have a bit more to go and the thought of putting it back on scares me so I'll take it one day at time and hopefully get to where I want to be. One more proud accomplishment for me... I ran a half marathon, two of them in fact. The Ogden Marathon in 2011 and 2012. It was amazing, the energy, the beauty of the course and doing something that I would have never thought possible 5 years ago. Well with that I should probably sign off but hope to be back soon with photos showing a bit of the change over the past 4 years.

No comments: